Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can't Stop Thinking About X-Chicks

If you're looking to quench your thirst for X-Men in a post Joss Whedon Astonishing world, Uncanny X-Men is where you wanna start. This book is going back to the core of what the X-Men are all about. Cyclops and the gang have set up shop in San Francisco and have put out a call to the rest of the mutant population to enjoy the California sunshine with them. This latest issue starts in the Mojoverse (yea!) and then we jump into the head of Scott Summers. Scott's head isn't really that different from mine circa 1993-ish when Wizard did that swimsuit issue with the X-Chicks...anyway Matt Fraction was obviously playing to Terry Dodson's strengths scipting in a ton of hot chicks. The issue ends with Beast building a scientist dream team to fight the mojo Scarlet Witch unleashed at the end of House of M. I don't see myself dropping this book anytime soon.

I also read the newest issue of Punisher (Max of course) and for the first time since Garth Ennis left, I can say I'm digging it. This issue finally captures the "MAX" tone that has defined Punisher over the last several years. The book starts out with naked chicks, profanity, a shark, and a little blow. We see Punisher waste people, and Jigsaw shows up. The Jigsaw bit may be a little forced due to the impending movie, but it was still a fun ride.

Thanksgiving this week, so I won't be grabbing comics soon. I will be too busy eating and watching Australia.

Just read this over at Newsarama. Next time I'm in Orlando, I will def check this place out. Loved the Cival War promotion.

"If you wanna be a god and don't wanna be subject to our laws, then get your ass back to Asgard."

-G$

No comments: